Tuesday, November 10, 2009

power slide and godfathers

Crap this weekend was a blurrrrrr!!!

It went too fast with so much good food, friends, climbing, and introspection. We cruised out Friday night after classes to cleveland for the environmental rally powershift, which is basically an environmental conference with a ton of speakers and good people raising money and rallying around their ideals for a greener planet which is a great cause. 
Friday night we cruised over to Alex's house to have a home-cooked meal. We arrived to a full house of aunts and friends a had a blast. She cooked us to whole chickens and all the fixens and since we had all been living on pasta we showed down. Mid way through the meal mama D whipped out the Johnny Walked and Disaronno and made us all godfathers which were off the hook. Everyone thought me and Connelly didn't like them but we liked them so much we downed them like shots and begged for more haha.
The next morning we were all a bit hazy and didnt get started until after a bang a rang breakfeast by mama D at around 1 in the afternoon (we were supposed to be up at like 9) haha o well. Since the day was wearing on I just dropped Cha and Con-man at powershift and cruised out to Elyria to battle the powerslide project, an epis roof lip traverse that climbs along the lip of the roof in about 40 moves with a retardedly hard move smack dab in the middle making it a difficult problem that also requires tension and endurance the full package!!!
I warned up on Achilles which I did the first ascent of and I also attached a pic. I know Mike has repeated it and to me it feels like 6c+ maybe even 7a. The climbing isnt all that hard but the positions as well as the beta are difficult to manage. Either way its super fun and a hidden gem fo sho CACKAWWW repeated that pretty quick and cruised up to powerslide.
I was trying my original beta over and over on the crux and it was just feeling stupid and impossible and I was super drained and the sun was starting to set and that park is the last place i would want to be alone in the dark. Then i tryed a different more obvious beta that seemed heinous before but I switched feat and it was good. I started making that move and trying the next which was a huge breakthrough, and I was beat so I was stoked!!!! I have more confidence on this project than ever and think it will go next time out there. 
Sunday was lame someone who said they were gonna cruise out to climb never did and I was still beat and it was weirdly hot and my skin was done so I just bagged out but it has nothing to do with my psych cause im amped to get back and send !!!!

Cackawwww
Next weekend will hopefully be insane cause its my birfday yeaaaaaaa sporting ticklists all over my walls cant wait to make some updates













No comments:

Post a Comment