Monday, November 23, 2009

Brecksville

Brecks is sick I am so psyched to have it so close. We went recently to take some hd video and show the boys the new sector with the space case slap, black and tan, and an eigth of crack. I mean this place was solid before but with all this new rock, new potential, and new problems I'd say this place is a destination at least for ohioans even though climbings not allowed in the park. 

We warmed up on the booya arete where Connelly finally sent after coming up with crazy new beta, dustin sent quickly after him. While fishing around on the booya I found holds that were way low on the problem and added a hard sit start where you have to grab a left hand crimp right had smear right hip in and dyno to a big blocky jug and grab it while all your weight swings backwards, Im glad it didn't take me that long cause that jug had a super sharp edge and skin would have flown if it took any longer. I dubbed the route the boo radley sit in honor of that poor bro in to kill a mockingbird and think it adds another grade to an already solid problem.

We checked out earthen underground but yet again it was dripping wet and muddy which sucked but I think this problem will get better as the weather improves in the spring time. We cruised on to space case slap which even though it was wet we still all killed it just cause its the craziest cool problem. Then onto Black and tan where con-man and dustin were shut down by their hangovers and the first move. I was psyched to repeat but it took nearly an hour and that last move was so so desperate definate 7a territory i believe but I degress from grading. 

After the black and tan we trotted up to an eight of crack that I recetly saw pictures of and was stoked to get on but this thing is stiff. It involves bad smears and super core tension that I just don't have but I was stoked to be able to make the first move and the last few moves so the crux will determine if I send or not someday. After that mission we were pretty tore up and decided to go check out thugged out since cub scouts which was dry and bad as hell what a day killer check the vid for some pimpin beta on the classics.

cakawwwwwwwww


brecksville short from corey perez on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment